State Bank of India offers a wide range of credit cards. Customers can choose SBI Credit Card according to their financial needs. SBI Credit Cards are unique and come with exclusive offers like reward points, cashback, travel, free movie tickets, a transfer facility, online bill payments, and many more. You can enjoy benefits like cashback, reward points, and low-interest rates.
- Flipkart Axis Bank Credit Card Features, Benefits & Fee
- Bank of Baroda Credit Card Features & Eligibility Criteria
Top 5 SBI Credit Cards in India 2023
|SBI Credit Card Variants||Annual Fee||Suitable For|
|SimplyCLICK SBI Card||499||Online shopping|
|SimplySAVE SBI Card||499||Shopping|
|BPCL SBI Credit Card||499||Fuel|
|Yatra SBI Card||499||Travel|
|IRCTC SBI Platinum Card||500||Co-branded Travel|
Features for SBI Credit Cards
State Bank of India is the largest Public Sector Bank in India. SBI offers a wide range of credit cards. They offer great rewards, cashback, travel, shopping, and elite credit cards, and they cater to every aspect of a customer’s needs. If you want to take an SBI credit card, then you need to know about the features of a credit card.
SimplyCLICK SBI Credit Card
- Earn 10X rewards on online spending with exclusive partners – Amazon, Apollo 24×7, BookMyShow, Cleartrip, EazyDiner, Lenskart, and Netmeds.
- Get an Amazon gift card worth Rs 500 as a welcome gift on payment of the Annual Fee of Rs 499 + tax.
- Get an e-voucher worth Rs 2,000 on annual online spending of Rs 1 lakh and Rs 2 lakhs each.
- 5x Reward Points on other online spends.
- With the bank’s primary partners, you can get 10 reward points on a spend of Rs 100.
SimplySAVE SBI Credit Card
- Get 2,000 Bonus Reward Points on spend of Rs 2000
- Enjoy 10x Reward Points on Dining, Grocery, Department stores & Movie spending.
- 1% fuel surcharge waiver at any petrol pump.
- 1 Reward Point for every Rs 100 spent on other purchases.
- Bonus points are credited to the user’s SBI card account within 60 days of eligible transactions.
BPCL SBI Credit Card
- Get 2,000 Activation Bonus Reward Points worth Rs 500 on payment of the joining fee
- Up to 4.25% Fuel surcharge waiver
- 5x Reward Points on every Rs 100 spent at Groceries, Movies & Dining
- Get 1 Reward Point for every Rs 100 spent on non-fuel retail purchases.
- No minimum threshold for the redemption of the reward points.
Yatra SBI Credit Card
- Rs 1000 off domestic flight tickets on a minimum booking amount of Rs 5000
- 6 Reward Points for every Rs 100 spent on dining, groceries, entertainment, movies, and departmental stores.
- Rs 4000 off international flight tickets on a minimum booking amount of Rs 4000
- Access to Mastercard Airport lounges in India.
IRCTC SBI Platinum Card
- Up to 10% value back in the form of Reward Points when you book selected trains through the IRCTC website.
- Save 1% on transaction charges on railway ticket booking on irctc.co.in
- 1 Reward Point for every Rs 125 spent on non-fuel retail purchases.
- Waiver of 1% (for transaction amounts Rs 500 to 3000) fuel surcharge across petrol pumps in India.
Key Benefits of SBI Cards
All SBI Credit Cards come with exclusive benefits, they cater to every aspect of a customer’s needs.
Sign-up Bonus: With some SBI credit cards, you get a bonus or gift as a thank-you for signing up. The benefit is to offset any joining fees already paid by the subscriber.
Rewards: By using SBI Credit Card, you get Reward Points under many offers, which you can use to purchase many products. These reward points can be accumulated to obtain a great gift, which makes credit cards even more popular.
Cashback: There are many SBI credit cards with which you get cashback offers, like 5% cashback on online shopping, 5% cashback on using your credit card to pay utility bills, 4.5% cashback on fuel, etc. If you want a credit card for fuel cashback offers, you can apply for SBI BPCL Credit Card.
Insurance: Many credit cards come with insurance benefits. Therefore, before taking any credit card, it is best to read the term and conditions carefully, in which you will get to see all the benefits of insurance. Credit card insurance will come in handy if the credit card is stolen, fraudulent, etc.
Low interest: The credit limit available on a credit card is a kind of unsecured loan, which you can use anytime as an instant personal loan. You are charged a lower interest rate for converting your credit limit into a loan. In such a situation, an SBI credit card proves to be very beneficial for you.
CIBIL Score improvement: At present, CIBIL Score plays a good role in our life. We need a loan to fulfill our financial needs. Any bank, NBFC, and financial institution check the CIBIL score of the person before giving a loan. When you pay your credit bill regularly, a Credit card helps us improve your CIBIL score fast.
Auto payment of bills: With an SBI Credit Card, you can set it to auto-pay using the SBI Card mobile app to pay your bills. You can check all your accounts, like mobile bills, electricity bills, telephone bills, etc. Principal payments can also be put on Auto Pay. Every month your bill will be automatically deducted from your savings account.
SBI Card Fees and Charges
|Type of fees||Charges|
|Credit card finance charges||3.5% on all unsecured SBI Credit Cards|
|Annual & Renewal Fees||The annual fee is a one-time charge and the renewal fee is charged every year. These fees may vary from Cardholder to Cardholder, and for Different card variants.|
|Cash Advance Fees||A transaction fee of 2.5% or Rs 500 whichever is higher at domestic ATMs |
2.5% or Rs 500, whichever is higher at international ATMs will be levied.
|Cash Payment fee||Rs 250 + GST|
|Finance Charges||Up to 3.50% per month (42% per annum)|
|Payment Dishonor||2% of Payment Amount (minimum charges Rs 500)|
|Rewards Redemption Fee||Rs 99/-|
|Card Replacement Fee||Rs 100/- to Rs 250/- (Rs 1500/- for Aurum)|
|Cheque Payment Fee||Rs 100/-|
|Processing Fee on all Rent Payment||Rs 99/-|
|Dynamic & Static Conversion Markup Fee||3.50% (For All Cards Except Elite & Aurum) and 1.99% (For Elite & Aurum Cardholders Only)|
|Interest Fee period||20 to 50 days|
Eligibility Criteria for SBI Credit Cards
- Employment type: Salaried & Self-employed
- The primary cardholder should be between the age of 21 to 65 Years (Salaried), 21 to 70 years (Self-employed)
- The individual should either be a Resident of India or a Non-Resident Indian.
- The customer’s mobile number should be linked with Aadhar Card.
- Minimum Monthly Income: 20,000 for Salaried & 30,000 for Self Employed
- Minimum CIBIL Score Required 730+
Documents for SBI Credit Card application:
- PAN card photocopy
- Color photograph
- Latest pays lip/Form 16/IT return copy as proof of income
- Residence proof Passport/Ration Card/ Electricity bill/ Landline telephone bill.
- Identity proof Passport/ Driving license/ PAN card/ Aadhaar card.
- Latest Income Tax Return/Audit proof, balance sheet, or P&L statement/Business financial statements.
How to Apply for SBI Credit Card online?
Applying for SBI Credit Card is easy. Before filling out the credit card form, you must fulfill the abovementioned conditions. If you do this, you can apply for a credit card by following some easy steps.
- Click on the link to Apply for SBI Credit Card.
- The customer has to enter their first, middle, and last name along with their mobile number and accept the terms & conditions.
- Enter PAN, and date of birth again and proceed to the next page. Enter the mother’s name, and email id and declare her nationality as Indian.
- Add professional detail such as Salaried/Self-employed, workplace address, etc.
- For the last step, the customer needs to complete the KYC process wherein the customer has to access Digilocker and provide access to address and identity proof.
- If the customer’s address in the government ID is the permanent Address, enter the current address of the customer and confirm.
- After the application ID is generated, the customer will be redirected to the VKYC page or will be soon called by the SBI Cards executive to complete the process by physical verification.
- Once the bank approves a credit card application, it may take up to 7-20 working days for the credit card to reach the customer’s registered address.
You can also visit any SBI branch near you to apply for a credit card. To do this, you must have a savings account with the State Bank of India, and you will also need to submit the required documents along with the credit card form. If you wish to apply for SBI Banking Partner Card, you will need to visit the partner branch to complete the application process.
How to Track Your Application Status?
If you want to check, what is the status of your application, then you can check the status of your credit card application by following some easy steps.
- You have to visit the official website of the State Bank of India.
- You will find the Track My Application link under the Apply tab.
- Enter your application or reference number to get the details.
- You can also enter your date of birth to track your application.
- Whatever will be the status of your credit card application, it will appear in front of you.
SBI balance transfer
With your SBI card, pay off balances on other credit cards. You can transfer the balance on other cards to your SBI card at a lower interest rate. SBI credit card balance transfer facility can help you save on interest on multiple cards. SBI offers two balance transfer plans that you can choose from:
- 0% interest rate for 60 days. A processing fee of 2% or Rs 199, whichever is higher, is applicable.
- 1.7% interest per month for 180 days. The processing fee has been waived.
SBI Balance Transfer on EMI
- 0.75% interest rate for Three months. A processing fee of 1.5% or Rs 199, whichever is higher, is applicable.
- 1.27% interest per month. A processing fee of 1.5% or Rs 199, whichever is higher.
SBI Credit Card Payment
Credit card bill payments can be done online or offline mode. You can choose one of the following methods to pay your bills online:
Net-Banking: You can use the facility of Net-Banking to pay your credit card bills with the help of your mobile or website.
NEFT/IMPS: If you do not have a net-banking account, you can pay your bills through NEFT or IMPS Facility.
Auto-Debit facility: You can set your credit card payments to auto-debit. Doing so will automatically deduct credit card payments from your account.
UPI: At present, UPI traction is being used a lot. You can pay for your credit cards using several applications like GPay and Phonepe.
SBI Auto Debt: Enjoy the convenience of paying directly from your State Bank of India account with the auto debt features.
SBI ATM: Pay your monthly bill with your debit card at any of the State Bank of India ATMs.
Manual Drop Box: You can pay your monthly bill payment through a cheque. You can drop your check in the drop box.
How to Contact SBI Customer Care?
By Phone: You can call the company’s customer care number on 1860-180-7777
Email: You can also contact customer care through email. Below is the email address for specific queries:
- Credit Card Related queries: [email protected]
How to earn and redeem Reward Points?
SBI Card allows you to earn shop-and-smile reward points. The validity of these reward points is Two years. Use your card to make purchases to earn points on every transaction. It’s important to note the specific spending categories for which you can get the most reward points.
Once you’ve accumulated points, you can redeem them for exclusive gifts, shopping vouchers, and more. Points redemption can be done through the SBI website or mobile app. Sign in with your login information and redeem your points for any product in the catalog. You can call the SBI Card helpline at 1860-180-1290 or write to them to redeem your points.
SBI Cards & Payment Services Ltd.
DLF Infinity Towers, Tower C,
12th Floor, Block 2, Building 3, DLF Cyber City,
Gurgaon -122002(Haryana) India.
What is a Credit Card?
A credit card is a financial product offered by banks and non-banking financial companies (NBFCs). It gives cardholders access to instant credit. The amount of credit varies depending on several factors like age, the income of the cardholder, etc. Cardholders seeking credit using a credit card can pay it back in one go or in installments within the stipulated due date.
Can I use my credit card for international transactions?
You can use your SBI Credit Card for international transactions. They are more helpful than other credit cards in the market as they come with a forex markup of only 3.5% of the transaction value.
How to Apply for SBI Credit Card Online?
To apply for the SBI Credit Card, you can do so through offline and online methods as well. You can apply for the card offline, by visiting the branch of the State Bank of India or by contacting SBI customer care.
Through online methods, you can apply for the card through the link provided by us. Now you can apply for SBI Credit Card by clicking on this link. On clicking the link, a form will open, which you have to fill out by following the instructions given above.
What is the limit of the SBI credit card?
The credit limit for your SBI credit card is fixed based on your CIBIL score and income. Generally, the credit limit ranges between Rs. 10,000 – Rs. 3,00,000.
What is the interest rate charge on SBI Credit Card?
If you do not make your SBI Credit Card bill payment on time or do not make the minimum payment due, you will be charged interest at the rate of 3.50% per month on the bill payment.
You will be charged a lower interest rate if you convert your credit limit into a personal loan. You have to get your loan payment in EMIs.
What is an interest-free credit period?
You can enjoy an interest-free credit period of up to 48 days on your SBI credit card. But this facility does not apply to cash withdrawals.
Is SBI giving free credit cards?
Yes, SBI Card offers zero annual fee cards for each of its existing customers. To be eligible for the free SBI credit card, you need only a nominal balance of ₹20,000-25,000 in your SBI account.
How to Contact SBI Credit Card Customer Care?
You can also call the customer care number 1860-180-777 for any related query to SBI Credit Card. You can also get your questions answered by sending mail to [email protected]
How to close an SBI Credit Card account?
If you want to cancel or close your card, you can call or write to SBI or call their card helpline. Once you request account closure, the bank will terminate your account. Remember that your credit card will be closed only when you have paid all your dues.